View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 07:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
hopeful4

Hello. I am so sorry for what you are going through. I am so glad your 17 yo felt strong enough in herself to get out of that situation.

I understand your constraints. My thought is that you must put the safety of your child first. I understand that does not mean leaving at this time, however, is there someone else who could drive your child? Another parent, etc. I would make that my priority.

Have you sought out Alanon or Celebrate Recovery? They helped me immensely with having the face to face support I needed during the time things were at their worst with my XAH.

I understand you own your business. Have you thought about the possibility of selling your business and becoming an employee so you have benefits extended to you? I know that sounds drastic, but it sounds like things are coming to a head.

I would make sure your 17 y.o. has counseling. If you cannot afford it, seek out therapy through graduate students. Call the local colleges, I know there are several in St. Louis, and see if they can recommend a low cost place for her to get counseling. I know where I live there are places if you have ever been abused either physically or emotionally, you qualify for FREE counseling. Check your local abuse shelters for that. I participated in this for a while, it really helped me, and could help you and your daughter as well.

I hope you keep posting. Like any forum, take what helps and leave the rest.

Hugs to you.