View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Clover71

Originally Posted by MCESaint View Post
Thanks Ohio . . . but let me say this. My AW is very high functioning. She doesn't deteriorate into sloppy, falling down careless on a regular or predictable schedule. But when she goes . . . hoo boy, strap in.

I get the the 3 year old up and to daycare most mornings, but because of my schedule, I can't do pick up every day - that is AWs province. Again, she's not *usually* sloppy falling down drunk at 5:30pm or 6pm in the evening, but is she legally drunk? (0.08) - my guess is: probably. She's at the point (again) of drinking to prevent going into detox and the physical symptoms of withdrawal. It's maybe 1.5 miles between daycare and home.

I'm home most nights no later than 7 pm. I travel very occasionally - maybe a total of one week per year - on business (and that's unavoidable).

If I throw everything at my wife in a divorce, there is a good chance she could lose her job. It would probably come out that she has a drink every morning just to keep from being ill. And if the consequences of THAT were just contained to HER, then it's not even a problem for me to pull the trigger. But, the consequences of HER losing her job would fall on me (once again) and her children.

But, even if she didn't lose her job . . . the cost of health care for myself is outrageous (I've checked) just because of my age. On my own I wouldn't qualify for any subsidies so I'm paying full out-of-pocket even for an ACA policy.

And then there's the hole we are already in - with unpaid bills from (or due to) rehab stints, etc. . . . which has tanked our credit score. Most landlords in this area will do a credit check before leasing to you, so that cuts down the places, if any, that would be available to me should I move out with the 3 year old. It also makes a refinance of the home impossible.

Like I said: I know my options . . . just that none of them are good options.

MCE Saint
I can sympathize. My situation is similar, except I am not the primary breadwinner. (My job also is not year round)

Have you ever considered uber or lyft as an option for daycare pickups? If they are available in your area.