View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
MCESaint

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
Hi MCE,

I see that you have now posted 25 times. I'm sorry that I never saw any of your posts. I see that you are happy that your daughter found a way out, and that she is doing well in school.

I also see that you are worried about finances, and perhaps that is what is holding you back from also leaving, but you also have a 3 year old that you may be worrying about also thinking or knowing that if you did leave that your child may be in your wife's custody alone and not with your 17 year old to help out.

You mentioned that this is difficult to talk to with your co-workers and close friends. I can understand that, but sometimes you need to do this. You may never know who can be supportive to you.

Thank you for sharing with us, and if you ever need someone to talk to, well, I can listen, I may not be able to give you good advise, but I can listen.

I wanted to tell you something about me. I was afraid to talk to people about the things that I was dealing with, and I isolated myself. I felt like I had no one to talk to. I felt embarrassed with my life, and I didn't want to talk. I hid everything. When I finally started to open up to people, I found a way out and a better life.

(((((((((((hugs))))))))))
amy
Thanks, Amy - I know EXACTLY what you mean by being embarrassed about talking to others and isolating myself.

About the time I decided to stop throwing pillows under AWs "hard landings" with alcohol - I also decided to stop being silent about it.

I don't announce it from the mountain tops, but . . . I don't hide it for her anymore or make excuses.

I have a client that I do a LOT of work for - and since their a small business too they invite me and AW to their holiday parties, etc. After a few of these where AW made a spectacle out of herself due to drinking too much . . . I just decided to stop bringing AW to these functions. AW doesn't bark too much - she knows why I don't invite her along any more. I've told a few in that company what's going on and they said "it's not like people didn't already know."

MCE Saint