Old 10-29-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
GoodguyJoel

All valid comments, all realistic. No reason to argue, just people being straight forward. So thank you.

I thought I did mention in previous posts that I have been attending Al Anon since this happened. I have been seeing a counselor since the same time.

And the picture wouldn’t have been of the dog with her and I from the past, I wanted to send a cute one I took of just him from a few days ago. But who am I to say that I am not subconsciously doing something, hence it being subconscious.

If I wasn’t out with my parents today trying to have some positive fun, I would be reading all the new links. Rest assured when I sit at home alone tonight, I will.

I’m not trying to be a bad guy here. I’m not trying to obsess. I’m trying to get my life back and trying to understand how this can happen. I never dealt with addiction before this and I came to this great site looking for the shared wisdom of all of you while telling my story. I was raised to treat others the way I want to be treated, and altruistically I still want to be that even if I never receive the reciprocation. It’s not a wish to injure myself more, I just feel compelled to be good. Or at least try to be.

Still no word from her, and I haven’t said a thing or sent anything. I will keep it that way until I figure out my thoughts and inform my future actions.