View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 09:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

I always get fat in sobriety unless I’m super careful with my eating, I can get away with more eating when drinking. Metabolism slows in early sobriety and you start absorbing all those fats and carbs. ‘‘Tis what it is.

I’d never quit drinking for vanity’s sake. I quit drinking because it was time, not because I might look better. Don’t get me wrong I’m super vain. I just didn’t quit drinking for that.

My skin sure looks better already though. More radiant. And my weight has leveled off. Yeah I have to watch my carbs more carefully but oh well. Self discipline never hurt anyone.

I’m also 48 by the way. Looking forward to a wise and peaceful old age, putting the crazies, the bars, the need to look perfect, the constant need to attract men all the time, the excessive drinking behind me to give my life some meaning and poignancy it doesn’t have with alcohol in it. Don’t get me wrong I’ll do it looking good! I’m just going to do this aging thing without the drunken party girl identity i keep dragging along with me.