Thread: another day 1
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Bob4x4

Day 3

Day 3 now... argh bad day but a good day...

started out with my new oatmeal regimen and I'm not sure what happened maybe i had to go back to bed ? or maybe that was a cloudy wish but i still ended up at the park for a walk. very slow, kinda dizzy.

5 years ago i was running on these trails, one day i did a 6 minute mile and now I'm 60lbs overweight and struggling.. it took about 3 years of depression and under employment to open the door to 2 years of smoking and drinking, and depression and underemployment ... same as before but now two more.

the park has this higher area with soccer feilds and wooded trails, 116 steps up a steep hill, i used to run up, LOL . . well now it takes about 10 minutes to walk up...

i was very grumpy and groggy and felt the '*** it' voice and feelings rise up in me . . . danger, danger, danger. . .

I got my butt to the bulk food store, and a couple of handfulls of trail mix and an egg salad sammich jammed down my pie hole got my mind off cravings, ( food always gets rid of cravings ).

then down to the driving range again - great warm day here for October, shorts and a T-shirt... 60F with the sun, so it was good.

My eyes are sheet - some of my drives are landing at the 250ish area and i can't see the balls. ( it's a parking lot landing area not grass )

my energy levels are crap, my back has been messed up for almost 2 years, just a big mess of depression, back injury, weight gain, and almost no work to speak of... 52 and no prospects . but Im trying to turn things around and get back on track but with a different career, or non-career, LOL.

ALMOST lost it today - Saved by a Sammich.

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Bob,

Way to go. If you have a ton of spare time I vote volunteer work.

It is great way to be part of something bigger than yourself.

That is what we all can use.

We have a local USO that looks for volunteers. Safe place, free snacks.

An animal shelter is also a place I would be interested it helping out if I had more time.

Thanks.
There is an animal shelter here but when I've called in the past they are not very receptive and it seems like they only take angry lesbians as volunteers. . . don't laugh, i've worked at TV production companies where the main staff is gay, and when they found out i was not gay I got the boot... i've never been good at reading between the lines until it's too late.

I do have time on my hands. career / job search is what happens but not very effectively lately.