Old 10-27-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
CentralOhioDad

When I meant 'time waster' as far as reading up and getting educated, I meant it as saying that you know what alcoholism is and what it can do - you've had ringside seats to the whole circus. And an academic, such as yourself, longs for knowledge, I get that.

I'm not sure anyone really 'understands it' - because it takes logic and reason to understand, something of which the A and the so-called 'disease' is not capable.

Maybe reading up on/analyzing how/why you became so entrenched/entwined with an addict, and how you can avoid those pitfalls in future relationships - might be a better read at this point.

You're a caring and compassionate soul, and those are good traits - if you're not taken hostage, then it works against you, believe me.

I think you are still clouded in your own thinking as well. It's been a wild, emotional, chaotic ride, the aftereffects of all that linger. But as others here have said, maybe less focus on: how she's doing, if/when she's drinking/etc., and more focus on you and the pup would be time 'better spent'. Hope that sounds better.

No one is attacking you here, we've just had more experience. If there is a sinkhole in the road, and 20 people have already fallen in, it's right and proper to warn the oncomers - that's all we are trying to do for you here.

Peace,
COD