Old 10-27-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Downthepath

Thanks for the kind words, Stronger and Oldmate. I appreciate them. You feel like an old mate, Oldmate.

I am the bloke who can't say 'No', DontRemember. Always have been, moving towards not being any longer. Let's see how we go. It's quite liberating, as you say. My wife has invited a friend over with her two kids to watch a movie with our muppets this evening. I have removed myself to the bedroom and am catching up on here. I would NEVER have done that in the past. I would have sat with them all, awkwardly making small talk until the wine kicked in. I much prefer this option.

Thanks for your observations too, Obladi. I have spent a lot of time on here. We are talking 2/3 hours per day. I would have definitely relapsed otherwise. I think she's getting that now. I have invited her to read each and every post I have ever made, but she has declined - even though I'm sure she'd secretly like to. Although I'm not sure she'd like this thread so much. I would like her to see the kind of things that we share and that there's no question of any impropriety. Perhaps that's my next thing to work on.

It really does do me a lot of good to share all of this with you. Thank you.