Thread: I am scared
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 03:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Hey babescake,

I did the same thing with my weight. I used alcohol to stay slender. But lets look at this logically, shall we?

So in the absence of any and all nutrition, we pour alcohol down our throats, it hits our system hard, we become almost immediately buzzed, the alcohol soaks our stomach lining, filters through our blood, infuses our organs...all with no nutrition whatsoever. Over the next 24 hours the body is stressed and wastes magnesium, vitamin C, B vitamins, there is little or no protein for cell or muscle maintenance, basically: When we drink without eating, we abuse our body in ways similar to throwing ourselves out of a moving car, or ingesting drano, or perhaps swallowing some glass, its a death move. And yes while those things I mentioned can kill you: so can one alcohol binge with no food. It happens.

If you abuse alcohol no matter how much nutrition you get, you are malnourished. You have a malnourished body.

Pouring alcohol into a malnourished body is worse than dumping cookies, sweets, sugar sodas, and other crap into a malnourished body, but only by degrees.

Your body needs healing foods. If you were the mother of your own body, how would you feed it after a long illness? More alcohol? Candy?

Separate your alcohol problem from your eating issues. Quit drinking and feed your body exactly what it needs and get rid of your scale.

Eating well you will feel better and better, your sleep will improve, and so will your outlook.

I'm only rambling here because based on what carl said...you're stuck in that same cycle I was in. Trust me its a very dangerous one.