Thread: another day 1
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bob4x4

another day 1

Haven't posted since July and i realize that i need to keep coming back and posting. Constant reminders to get back on the path and stay there .
There is an AA group that i used to go, i will look up other groups as well.

Back to basics. no more skipping breakfast. increase the exercise. lose the smokes. veggies veggies veggies fiber fiber fiber water water water.

One of the other items - as i get older there are fewer and fewer people to talk to and hang out with but i've found one place that has some regulars - the driving range. a couple of regular retirees, an instructor or two come and go, the guy that sells the buckets .. it's actually pretty awsome with no pressure to leave or buy anything. I will miss it when the cold weather takes over and the regulars leave for the season. nice mix of exercise and being social and getting away from home. . . . i need to find more safe zones to be. the gym used to be that place a few years ago before i hurt my back and gained 40lbs . .
- on the positive side i have the ability to start slow - just walk on the treadmill for 30 mins and leave. . . 4 or 5 times a week, first thing in the morn.

I know i can do it - get back on track - i think I'm near done mourning the death of my father, my career, death of a good friend and a few other major life events . . . I'm tired of all that , i want to have fun again just for me.