Old 10-25-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
GoodguyJoel

Well everyone. I got some news.

Tonight the step father called me and told me she flew back in town last night. She apparently had seizures there and the guy threw her on a plane and sent her off. She was apparently drinking the whole time and I know how much it takes to get to that point, a lot. A few things:

1. She is staying at her parents
2. I think it makes sense why she called the other day now hoping she could stay with me. Remember I didn’t answer.
3. The guy was confronted by the mother on the phone and said if you done take her to the hospital and she dies, the blood is on his hands.
4. I’m sure this freaked him out and he probably now sees the reality of the situation. Likewise, he probably sees the mirror held up to himself of what life oils be with a hardcore active alcoholic.
5. He said he will be driving her car back with all her stuff and she isn’t coming back. Although she thinks otherwise.
6. I’m guessing it was a party since day 1 there, and probably involved drugs too. That being said, he probably doesn’t want the police involved and is looking out for number one(himself) and could care less what happens to her.
7. Her mother had to give her alcohol when she got back because she was out of her prescription drugs for seizures, and to keep her from having one gave her some wine. Then today took her to the hospital.
8. The mother and step father are besides themselves, the step father is so angry but called this day one when it happened. The mother is taking off work and doesn’t know what to do.
9. I am now going to have to more promptly prepare myself for encountering or speaking with her.
10. I am going to be heavily guarded and prepare notes so that I don’t let emotions get the better of me.
11. She hasn’t called me since back yet, probably out of shame.
12. I know better than to expect much, but I can only tell her at this point that I would only support her in seeking sobriety and help. I would only do/talk to her on my terms.

Holy crud did this throw a wrench in my day and everything I was feeling. It doesn’t mean I will just revert back, and if anything I will just stay on the course I was on to my own recovery. Now, I just have to face that she’s back and I know I will eventually talk and encounter her. We will see if she is hostile, apparently she is telling the parents that she is only drinking wine because “wine is different than other alcohols” and she is drinking because xyz(excuses). She is in denial this is still a problem after many more seizures since.

This does answer one question though...the drinking was certainly not due to me.

Any thoughts?