Old 10-25-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Goodguy...I don't th ink anyone has inferred that you are conflating....why in the world would you think that we might think that?

to answer your question, if you remember my story, from my previous posting about it.....yes, he did come back...during that year....a couple of visits....but, there were other people present. We didn't get into a deep conversation...on one of those occasions,we attended a wedding that we had been committed to for a long time....
One year after the breakup....I was with the wonderful man that I had met 6months later...who I later married.
He was in town, and called me...asking to see me...I invited him to come to dinner with me and my new person. He agreed (I had the day off, and my future husband was still at work). We went to the store, together, to get the food for the dinner. We chatted and behaved, really, like two people who had just known each other for a long time. After my other person came home...we had a nice dinner together. Just conversation.
After the dinner, I walked him down the long driveway to the car...I hugged him....I hugged him and gave him a kiss on the cheek....and we said goodbye...and, he drove away, with tears streaming down his face....
I walked back up to the house..to my future husband, with a feeling of inner serenity...knowing that I had come full circle....
I do think that he came back because he might have been missing me, or to see if it could start up again...I don't really know for sure. But, that ship had already sailed for me....that is thanks to my many months of severe grieving! I healed and came to know that he was not the one for me...

It is amazing that one year before that, I could hardly breath, I was hurting so bad......I didn't think I would ever love again...I thought it was all over for me.....