Thread: I am scared
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 03:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
doggonecarl
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Babescake View Post
Have I crossed over?
I'm not sure where you thought you were to where you "crossed over" to? Some metaphysical point? Some line in the sand you never thought your drinking would take you? Have you hit bottom?

You have to have read it here a hundred times...alcoholism is progressive. You've been struggling two years to quit and stay quit. You've been heading in this direction. But what I think you've experienced is the same clarity that struck me when I decided to quit. I saw exactly where my drinking had taken me, and where it was headed. The veil of denial was lifted.

I hope you seek the help you need with your alcoholism. More importantly, professional help for the unhealthily fixation with your weight. This fixation has become a tool for your addiction and has you caught in a terrible cycle. You blame sobriety for your weight gain, it drives you to drink, where you then engage in more food binging and weight gain. Only to fixate on the weight even more.

Please see a dietitian nutritionist for the weight issue, or a mental health professional. And for crossing the line of alcoholism--a substance abuse program would prove helpful.