Old 10-23-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JoeCree

Originally Posted by Babescake View Post
I have gained 20 lbs in 2 month so i am 155. That is huge for my 61 inch height. It made me relapse and i am so depressed. No motivation. I weighed less pregnant and have never been overweivht until the last 1.5 years. So scared will keep gaining and will never come off. That obsessive thought is harder to deal with then not drinking. Is there any success stories you could share with me?
Your body is all screwed up at the beginning, so give it time to get back on a normal footing again.
As for your weight issues, youre going to need to be kind to yourself during at least the first year of sobriety.
The good news is weight loss/gain is pretty mathematical.
First figure out what your drinking equalled in Calories. Generally 3500 calories = 1lb of weight. Now, if your exercising and eating has remained relatively equal, then basic math dictates that your weight will come off, on not just on the scale but in the mirror too.

I like to give at least a 3 week float to allow your calorie intake to catch up with whatever the scale reads.

Be patient.. it will come.

Im almost at 2 years... and Ive lost 30lbs. I have no desire to lose more. And my body weight has levelled remained the same for almost a year now.