Old 10-22-2017, 04:22 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Canadian Koala

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
When I woke up on October 11th that was the first day using nothing.
This is why I am so proud of you : because you are using NOTHING.
I know a lot of people who say they have quit but who are vaping like crazy.
They are still smokers in my book but you are now a 100% non smoker LadyBlue!

Wow wow wow, do you realize how fantastic it is!?!
There is NO NICOTINE anymore in your blood and your lungs begin to self-repair and can ward off infection more easily. As your lungs begin to function more effectively, the coughing and shortness of breath experienced due to smoking will dramatically decrease. I promise it!
I don't cough anymore, not even once a month! Finish, I breathe!

I have to say I never really realized just how much my entire life was planned around cigarettes.
Same for me, when I think about it.
Cigarette was taking more space, was more important than booze in my life.
I was smoking like there was no tomorrow, going out every hour at work.
Out in the rain, in snow storms or at minus 30°, nothing could refrain me to smoke.
I couldn't sleep a whole night anymore since years.
I was waking up and getting up two or three times every night to smoke a few puffs and go back to bed. It was hell.

Anyway, what did you do to combat this? How long does it take before it begins getting better?
I still have super AV attacks even after 11 months but it doesn’t last more than a few seconds.
My AV knows that smoking is not an option and it stops.
It seems you are going to use the same determination and you should see results within the first month, cravings will decrease a lot in number and in force.

What do I do to combat these cravings?
I have my little tools :
- Chewing menthol gum.
- Breathe deeply like if I was taking a big puff and then I make the gesture of crushing a cigarette with a little fake cough to remember how short of breath I was after each cigarette.
- I smell my fingers : there’s no tobacco odor at all.
- I look at my surroundings : no more ashes or butts around me.

The most important is to see these cravings coming.
One of the worst craving I ever had was the first time I went out from a Walmart and when I got into my car, I was looking for my pack of cigarette and realized there was none. Aaarghhh!
That craving was a 11 on 10 on the craving scale.

I’ve suffered BUT I’ve learned : now, any time I come to my car after shopping I know I will feel like having a cigarette and it deflates the AV attack completely.
In fact now that I talk about these car cravings you know what? They don’t exist anymore since at least 6 months lol
Repeating the same treatment on and on worked perfect I realize!

I’ll finish by quoting yourself a few months ago and it’s so true

“I loved smoking, absolutely loved it. But, me quitting solidifies to me that once you make up your mind to do something and accept that there's no turning back it makes it just that much easier”

Hang on LadyBlue and breathe deeply : life is beautiful
And yes, it will get a lot easier.
Come back any time, I'm not far!