Thread: Anyone smoke?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
DuhDave

I stopped 5 years ago. Wasnt really as hard as I had made it up in my mind to be. It wasnt easy by any stretch but not that hard either.

Now to lose the booze...THAT is another story. Thats a tough one kick to the curb. Still struggling.

For what it's worth, I found that by Mimicking smoking a cig helped me. Granted it may not be for everyone but it worked for me. I would "pretend" or use vizualization to Remove a cig from the pak, put it to my lips, light it, take a drag and exhale, seeing the smoke in my mind, all the details, the taste, all of it but especially that deep, inhaled draw of clean fresh air was especially satisfying (remember, we're playing pretend here. We're not really smoking a cig but we're making our brains think we are).

I dont know if "Muscle Memory" is part of it or what but this worked for me. Now, I rarely do it but once in a great, great while when the thought crosses my mind I do.

Remember, this technique may not be for everyone but for me it was that little extra "tool" in the box that helped me over the "hump" so to speak.

Good Luck! You CAN doit!

DD