Old 10-22-2017, 04:49 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

So, now that I actually have a few minutes .....

In June I started with the vape. Didn't like the box machine so switched to the ecig. Worked well until I found it it was 48 mg of nicotine, 4X that of which I was ingesting when smoking real cigs, egads. Finally went back to vaping using the liquid about three weeks ago. Bought a 3mg and a 0mg. Started out with the 3mg and was doing ok so decided to start incorporating the 0 into the mix. In fact, I was using only the 0 mg for about a week but it was triggering the cravings worse. Just like quitting drinking and trying to patch the hole using NA beer. Then, realized I could either continue this charade or just rip the band-aid off and get over it. So, my last day using the vape was Tuesday the 10th. When I woke up on October 11th that was the first day using nothing.

Although there were some rough patches throughout the days in the beginning they didn't last long. Today begins day 12. It seems like I'm thinking about it more now than I was in the beginning and the cravings sometimes feel stronger. Is this normal? Does this get better and how long does it take?

I have to say I never really realized just how much my entire life was planned around cigarettes. Actually, planned around the consideration of when I would be able to smoke the next one. Also, how much I used cigarettes as tools of procrastination. For example, I usually smoked about a pack a day. However, on a Saturday or Sunday morning I could spend so much time with my coffee on my front porch and before I knew it I had gone through over 1/2 pack in 4 hours.

I actually think this is why I have come here so infrequently. My routine would be the same. Start a post, crave, go out on the front porch. Come back in, continue the post, rinse, repeat. So, as I post my body wants to go drink some coffee and smoke and then come back.

Anyway, what did you do to combat this? How long does it take before it begins getting better?

Nothing will make me smoke again, I am done. I just need to find a way to help myself get through these damned cravings so they don't last so long and aren't as strong.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!