View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 02:21 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Originally Posted by Akasha View Post
You have taken what I said out of context. I do not feel like that was a fair move. What you are saying might come from a good place and in your mind if I want to get clean I should just make the choice to take certain steps. However, you are not familiar with my situation. It's really not that easy for me.
Hang in there Akasha, I know some words here can be hard to read. Tom is a good person and has helped a lot of people here with his straight style. I do agree with you though, that right now things are tough for you and being too tough with someone while they are actively using is aggressive. I think he was going with your words when you said that the tough-love approach worked for you last time. I am sure he only wanted to help. the good thing about this place is that there are so many different people with all kinds of different styles and approaches. If someone bothers you and you think it might upset you to read more of their words you can click the ignore button and you won't see anything form them again. But I dare say you might come to like some of the different styles. Just don't get too upset right now you are making progress and you need to keep your eye on the prize.