View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
mayabee

Originally Posted by Akasha View Post
Hi there. First of all, thank you for not being super judgemental about my situation.. Secondly, I am not familiar with the website and will surely check it out. I am somewhat desperate at this point. Thank you for recommending it. Lastly, I realise it must be hard for someone such as yourself to witness a loved one struggle to such an intense degree, looking from the outside in. I'm very sorry to hear about your son. My heart breaks for both of you
Thank you, Akasha. When I first learned that my son was using, I thought it would just be a matter of deciding to stop, stopping, and never looking back. I truly didn't understand. I think leaving a relationship - with a person or a substance - can involve a period of mourning and emptiness, even if the relationship/substance was ultimately destructive. I think my son is going through some of that. He is currently at the stage of wanting to want to stop - he's not quite sure if he really wants to, but he wants to want to because he knows he needs to. Does that make sense? Obviously, since he's my son, I wish him the best in his journey. I wish that for you too. I don't want to minimize the challenge you're facing, but have faith in yourself and trust that you can do this.