Old 10-21-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
LoveHateWhine

Good Morning everyone.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Wax. That's tough. Sending positive thoughts your way.

I am starting on Day 3 today. I am still feeling the after effects of my relapse on Thursday night. My head feels very "heavy", but overall, I am feeling much better now. Since I don't really remember much of the night, I have to wonder how much I drank. I do know that I was drinking both wine and martinis....never a good combo even if you are a social or moderate drinker. Wine and vodka! Ugh. And in front of work colleagues to boot. I have to stop obsessing over that one...it's done and I can't change it. A friend said that we are much harder on ourselves than we probably need to be and that while I probably did embarrass myself, it may not have been as bad as I am thinking it is. All I can do is look forward. Anyway.....

I downloaded a few apps on my phone and hoping that it helps reinforce when I am out and can't check in here or on another site I am on.

I posted in the September class that I recently broke up with my boyfriend. We had been together about 16 months. It got nasty there for awhile, as after I ended it, he was emailing me and texting me all the time and then started saying some hurtful things to me. I can look back now and see that he was not good for me in a number of ways. I suspected he had an alcohol abuse problem from the beginning, but just ignored it. A lot of our social activity revolved around drinking and there was no argument from me. Once I started to cut back, I could see how much he was really drinking. All that said, I still went out and got hammered on Thursday night.

So today is another new day. I am meeting a friend for lunch and then going shopping for some new suede boots. I hate to shop, but really hoping I find a nice pair. Already have my dinner ready for tonight and going to settle in and watch some movies.

What's everyone else got planned for the weekend?

LHW