Thread: Update/Thanks
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 03:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sohard

Update/Thanks

First off,

Thank you to everyone (doggone, Hevyn, least, Dee, ScottinWY, Oblaid, stayingsassy, etc.). who has helped me get this far (5 days!). I couldn't have done it without you. Those first days were hell, but I feel great now. And really strong (although I know it will be tough).

Usually today I would be going to the Hunt. It's a NJ annual horse race event where everyone drinks from 10-4 and then we usually continue at a friend's home. Today, instead, I will be babysitting for my niece and nephew, taking them to do a junior ropes course they've been wanting to try out. I NEVER would have missed out on such a "fun" day like the hunt in the past, even though there was NOTHING fun about it but the drinking. And, had I been babysitting before, I would have been eagerly awaiting kiddo bedtime so I could make myself a drink.

Now, though? I'm up at 6:45am, cleaning my apartment a bit before leaving, heading out to a great fun-filled day with a 6 and 8 year old who love me, and am going to hit the hay this evening at 8:30 when they do after introducing them to one episode of Little House on the Prairie (my childhood favorite) on amazon. This is heaven.

Thank you all so, so much for your support thus far. It has meant the world, to me and to my family.