Old 10-20-2017, 02:15 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
joandmelandhan

Morning weekenders!
Biminiblue your post did so cleverly sum it up for so many of us. The insanity of "just this once" is the start of the whole twisted merry-go-round.
I'm so pleased I checked this thread out. The topic of choice has actually helped me a lot. Yes I am in a low period but I can feel and experience it without it growing out of proportion. Just because I don't drink any more doesn't mean I have a free pass to happiness. I'm living and that's good enough. So I'm tryimg to let this cloud drift along and do what I can to help it pass.
Today I've got my youngest and her best friend at home. I have a tonne of housework to do as family visit on Monday but the background girlie giggling is wonderful. Taking it steady and having coffee and SR breaks throughout the day.
Sober weekends are still a novelty and I do love them. I sometimes think back to the old days and shudder. They've gone now. Today is all that matters.
Happy Friday and have a great time Vman! I've never been to Ireland but I was recently introduced to white pudding. Yum yum a taste sensation!