View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
rmeatgt350

Originally Posted by BrightenMeUp View Post
Hey rmeatgt!

Thanks for that great insight. From everything I have read so far I think it's best for me to hold off until like you said, (if I really need them). Which im not sure I do. I've been under the influence for so long up until 16 days ago that I dont think that my brain even knows if my anxiety is self induced from alcohol or I actually have a disorder. I guess time will tell.

Brighten
I can offer a bit of personal insight on this. When I went on Lexapro it was not for panic attacks or anxiety. It was because I was having some anger management issues and 15 years ago DRs prescribed SSRIs for darned near any mood issue. Going on those is one of my biggest regrets, the panic started when I tried to get off them.

Now how is that relevant to you at all? Well, I can tell you than in my case alcohol has most certainly made my anxiety worse. If you're recently sober and are experiencing mild to moderate anxiety, in my non professional completely anecdotal almost certainly worthless opinion, there is no way Id go on a long term SSRI. Your anxiety is almost certainly as a result of the recent sobriety, and I would be amazed if it didn't go away.

...and, because I know it would make me feel better, if you do have a panic attack the klonopin will help you, that's the one for acute panic, not the "get on it and be stuck on it forever" one, just don't abuse!