Old 10-19-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
rmeatgt350

Originally Posted by LuLuBovary View Post
Sorry to hear you are stuck in the panic mode. I'm on day 7 and my panic attacks are not as bad as the first couple of off-the-charts panic attack days (I thought I was going to really lose it). This could change, idk. I was also a hot mess my first attempt here in April...but I do remember that the panic attacks started to dwindle around day 10. This time around I'm royally serious about getting sober and giving it my all....I'm in a "fight or flight" mode of survival right now and it may be that I am focusing deeply on surviving more than anything. Not sure what will happen after I get settled....anything could happen...but happen SOBER. If I were at the 2 weeks where you are at, I could give you a better response. Have you at least taken 5 deep breaths? Stay strong and keep posting.

Thanks LuLu, I am riding it out and it's getting better, slowly. I've tried this before and like you they normally happened early and were gone after double digit days, this time they started late. Im at the point where they are slowing down but only because Im physically just worn out. One day at a time..

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Panic attacks are pretty common for a lot of us in early recovery.
Have you had them before rmeatgt350?

welcome back Clones and FaithfulandFree - and congrats on your milestones treasurefinder and Kit

D
Oh yes, panic and I are acquainted, to say the least. I am just not used to them being this intense, likely because I tend to dull them with alcohol. I am working through it. A good nights sleep would be amazing. Every day gets a bit better!