View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BrightenMeUp

Doc wrote me a script.

Please note: im not asking for medical advice or anything clinical, just asking for experiences and thoughts.

Anyway, I had a drs appt. yesterday. I explained how I quit drinking cold turkey and all that. I was asked how im feeling, I told the truth, it's nice not being hungover everyday and I do feel ok sober but, I also explained about the insomnia, anxiety, and mild depression im suffering.

Long story short, after explaining all this along with my quitting alcohol cold turkey circumstances, the dr wrote me out a script for lexapro and klonopin. It was explained that these would help me through the anxiety spells and depression and can aid with withdrawal symptoms.

I have not filled the scripts. I'm afraid of getting addicted to something else, especially after still withdrawling off of alcohol. I'm very hesitant and was wondering if anybody here has experience with these types of prescriptions. Like, are they hard to get off of? Can they just be used when needed? Will they limit my daily functions?

Note: I did ask the dr all these same questions but was given very vague answers from someone who's probably never been in my shoes.

So any experiences would be greatly appreciated! The honest goods and bads from personal experiences.

Or also if you dont feel comfortable telling a story feel free to p.m. me.

Thanks again

Brighten

Last edited by BrightenMeUp; 10-19-2017 at 07:58 AM. Reason: ending