Old 10-18-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
LuluBread

Originally Posted by rmeatgt350 View Post
Is anyone else a couple weeks in and dealing with panic attacks? I thought they'd have started earlier, then foolishly thought I'd avoided them this time. Alas, they've begun in earnest. The last two days have been a pretty constant state of major panic.
Sorry to hear you are stuck in the panic mode. I'm on day 7 and my panic attacks are not as bad as the first couple of off-the-charts panic attack days (I thought I was going to really lose it). This could change, idk. I was also a hot mess my first attempt here in April...but I do remember that the panic attacks started to dwindle around day 10. This time around I'm royally serious about getting sober and giving it my all....I'm in a "fight or flight" mode of survival right now and it may be that I am focusing deeply on surviving more than anything. Not sure what will happen after I get settled....anything could happen...but happen SOBER. If I were at the 2 weeks where you are at, I could give you a better response. Have you at least taken 5 deep breaths? Stay strong and keep posting.