Old 10-16-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kbagel199

Originally Posted by needuall View Post
Thank you very much for writing that. I too have seen that same situation with my now X-husband. He had other previous sponsors while in the program but never anyone like this one he ran into and formed a very abnormal relationship with. I absolutely think his sponsor wanted control over my X for a self centered reason. I was shocked at how loyal and defensive he was about his sponsor. He would get extremely angry if I questioned any thing in regards to him. Nothing I said mattered and he also did not even want to talk. It was bizarre to me and made no sense. As you said.....It's like she was abducted by aliens ....I feel exactly the same way. It has been years since my divorce and communication is 0. I wonder how often this happens?? My heart goes out to you. I was extremely supportive just like you but it made no difference at all. I was told to not try to make sense out of something that makes no sense.
Hopefully we will hear from others too.
I'm so sorry to hear you went through this too. It makes no sense. It's been 3 weeks since she left. She started the program a month and a half ago, told me she wanted a divorce 30 days after she started the program with this woman, 14 days later I was served with divorce papers and 4 days after that she listed our house on the market. She's lost her mind. Someone is telling her to move at the speed of light. For what?! Why?! It's all so confusing. I had a friend send an article about Borderline Personlity Disorder and it checked all the boxes in regards to my wife. I just wish I would have known the mental issues before marrying her. It would have saved me a lot of heartache and the giant headache I've had for 3 weeks. Her mom recently told me she's acting happy, not throwing up as much and she hasn't seen her drink. I told her mom those should be the least of her worries...she needs to help her with her mental issues, not to mention my wife admitted to lying for years so who knows what the truth is regarding her addictions. She still speaks to her sponsor 1-2 hours a day and is spending hours with her at meetings every night. The bottom is going to fall out and it's not going to be pretty. Everyone keeps telling me I dodged a bullet but I still feel the heartbreak every morning I open my eyes. I will never be able to understand how someone can be ok with knowing they emotionally destroyed someone who did nothing but love them.