View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
JahWei

I do not have any new advice that you have not already heard, but maybe if I tell you a quick summary of how I got to where I am today, you might relate.

I got sober for the first time at 22 yrs old. I was strictly addicted to oxy (or so I told myself while in my 1st rehab). There was no way I was going to give up alcohol when I'd only been drunk once or twice. (This is a lie, I'd been drinking for years at that point. Caught myself)

Fast forward to 26 years old and I was in my 2nd (and hopefully final) rehab. Only this time I had to detox off of oxy(contin/codone), Benzos (xanax), and about 24 beers a night. This started with a prescription to help with sleep, a drink after work and eventually back to my drug of choice.

I definitely agree with everyone here, take some time off from drinking and see how it feels. Not just physically, but mentally. Do you plan on rewarding days off with drinks?...No two people are the same and I know how horrible it seems to get sober so young. But I also know how nice it is to have a great career, friends, loved ones and to be trusted.

It is impossible too imagine never drinking again, but just don't drink this minute. That really isn't that hard. Good luck to you and much resoect for having such self-awareness at your age. I knew where I was heading but ignorance seemed like bliss. I was wrong.