View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 02:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
thousandwords53

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
th ousandwords...living, for a long time, under the mantle of a toxic person (regardless of the cause), will, inevitably, erode one's self confidence, self esteem, and, just generally, becomes soul-sucking.....

The fact that you are reacting to his character assignation of you, must mean that you still have a shred of your sense of self left....
Continue to build on that shred!

Good to see your therapist. It would be good if you had a support group...because, it would give you some regular support, in addition to the therapist....Maybe, you could ask the therapist to help you find one....or you could go to alanon...or ACOA....or, any support group recommended by the dv center (you could call them and ask).....
Face to face human support is very powerful.....never underestimate it.....

Thank you Dandy, all of you, for the replies. I'm building myself up, and have worked on my own recovery for a few years now. This is causing our current problems...as I'm not the wife he has been used to....my sense of self is stronger than it has ever been. I no longer allow things to fly and I voice my opinion, ...I have interests and focus in other areas of my life other than him...which I do not think he likes haha.

I had a great appointment Friday and even had a follow up one today for her to review my parenting plan. I am still working through what my plan is exactly...I am feeling terrible guilt for still wanting to end this marriage..but I am aware of it. She reassured me I am doing very well and doing things for the right reasons, that I have come a long way since my first visit on her couch.

I just want to wiggle my nose and be on the other side of this huge mountain I am climbing. One day at a time.