View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 01:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cuckoo

Weekend went great-day 7

Morning all.
Well, the weekend was great. Did normal family stuff, cooked, tidied the garden ready for winter, watched a great movie on Saturday eve (Hacksaw Ridge), goodish nights sleep then pottered around on Sunday.
I am at work now and feeling fab.
This time last week I felt sluggish, lazy, bloated and totally without any focus. What a difference a week makes.
Bags under eyes hugely improved, bloated tummy gone, redness on cheeks fading a bit, head clear, eyes sharp and focused.
Been chatting to my co-workers and really engaging rather than going through the motions and trying to seem with it.
As I have said before, I never got bad hang overs with respect to headaches, sickness etc but boy does this feel great today.
Also, as I have said before, its not a physical craving I experience either. As TomSteve pointed out to me, its a mental obsession. Well so far I seem to be in control. I did have a 'moment' on Sunday afternoon when hubbie took the dog for a walk. Normally that would have meant my obsession telling me to have a sneaky drink but I went to the fridge and poured myself a cranberry juice and the 'moment' passed.
I feel like my body is craving healthy food and fluids as well. Did anyone else experience this ?
Last week I was glugging water for thirst. Today I am sipping it for healthy hydration and its fabulous.
For anyone on day one, stick at it a week and you will be feeling so much better. I am proof, and the week doesnt seem to have passed too slowly if I look back at it.
I will post again in a few days because I dont feel that posting everyday will benefit me personally. I understand that some people want to be accountable daily but for me i feel it will become my next obsession and I want to put drinking behind me, not think about not drinking all the time, if that makes sense.
Have a happy day everyone and thanks for being such a GREAT BUNCH of people.
C