View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 12:27 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Divijata

Originally Posted by BrandNewLife View Post
I think as alcoholics, we give ourselves enough crap and negative self-talk as is.

We don’t need others to do it for us.

Although the excuse may have been offensive to you, it’s a good example of how messed up our moral meter and priorities get when poisioning our brains for years on end. Even though we say we care about others, it shows in our actions that we put the drink first, above anything and everything else.

So, yes, you can blame the alcohol. Even though it’s self inflicted, there does come to be a point where the brain is damaged and it’s changes everything about us.

Luckily, we can take back control and repair ourselves by simply removing the alcohol from the equation.
Crap and negativity? That's what you got from that.....interesting. If I were as sensitive as you I could say you are perpetuating the passing of crap and negativity with your attempted reproach. But I'm not, so I won't.

Obviously you've gotten offended and you're projecting that (assuming that I got offended is a pure giveaway that you're projecting......) Why would I get offended by some stranger on the internet? Think about that for a moment and ask yourself the same question (I'm not interested in the answer) Offended by a man who baths himself in ketchup to prevent himself from drinking? Don't be silly.

I simply offered some insight. Now you choose to ignore the insight and get triggered. Is it because it's beyond your understanding or because you are too sensitive, only you can decide. Ask yourself what made you get triggered and what provoked the white knight inside you to jump to the poster's rescue. You'll find some wonderful insight there.

You are welcome. After all, honesty is key for our sobriety is it not.

When you strip away the drink and the drugs and people become sober, they don't just develop morals and values and higher goals.

A person either has morals and values (integrity) or they don't. Yes they can be developed, but simply removing alcohol does not develop morals or values.

One cannot paint everybody with the same brush, hence the use of "we" in this case was a way for the poster to minimize a lack of morals by considering it as something that "we" do. It's not.

Why help to keep people in delusion?

Take drink driving......some people have it hammered into their heads so firmly (morals, boundaries) that no matter how drunk they have been they would never take the car out drunk. Rock solid boundaries. Even when drunk.

Last week, I came home feeling sick after working, drank some, then went out met up with a dealer and proceeded to consume about 250-300 worth of a particular substance throughout the night and into the next day. Did I go to work that evening? I got a cab home, jumped in the shower, drank water and got myself off to work without sleep. Made it through. Don't want to do that again, but it wasn't an option missing that day (I would have rightly screwed a partner over)

One cannot blame drink for everything. There comes a time when one must take full responsibility.

Good luck to you now.