View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
BrandNewLife

Originally Posted by Divijata View Post
Speak for yourself. Can't say I've ever used such an excuse.

In fairness, I don't think you can entirely blame alcohol for giving an excuse like that....twice. Some might say that would be down to certain morals and values. Could be worth investigating.

I remember a friend of mine (well rather a member of the group I was hanging with) used that excuse to call in sick one day. We were early twenties. His excuse was kind of frowned upon by the others.....who were no angels (drug dealers amongst them)....

....say something against their mothers....and there would be a physical confrontation.

Just saying, sometimes blaming the drink.......it's often not accurate.
I think as alcoholics, we give ourselves enough crap and negative self-talk as is.

We don’t need others to do it for us.

Although the excuse may have been offensive to you, it’s a good example of how messed up our moral meter and priorities get when poisioning our brains for years on end. Even though we say we care about others, it shows in our actions that we put the drink first, above anything and everything else.

So, yes, you can blame the alcohol. Even though it’s self inflicted, there does come to be a point where the brain is damaged and it’s changes everything about us.

Luckily, we can take back control and repair ourselves by simply removing the alcohol from the equation.