Old 09-29-2005, 11:31 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
longrun04

I know how you feel. I left my husband ( now ex-husband) 14 months ago. I was and still very hard. I had to go to court and prove to the Judge that his drinking is not good around the kids. I had to do this when he showed up to suppervised vistation drunk. I was replaced by another women the next day after I left him. His family blames me for his drinking and everyting that has happened to him. His family will not tell him that he has a problem. I still love him very much and I always will. It is very hard for me at times to understand why he gave up his family for Coors Light. I helped him alot through the 5 years that we were together. I just could not do it anymore. It is hard to watch the person who you love, drink like that everyday, but it was harder to walk away!! There are many people who tell me he does not care. I know in my heart he does. I just hope that oneday he will understand why I had to leave and keep our daughter from him. It's not because I hated him. It is because I love him and just could not watch him drink like that.