View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
chloesage

I have been on this forum prior, but have yet to register, until this morning. I am well aware that my mother gaslights me, however; this morning's was just too much for me. I needed to read up on gaslighting again, and be reminded of what can happen.

My mother and I run a business, and now it is getting out of control. If I drink (which I should not do, and when I do it's rather epic), no matter how long I can be sober for, she punishes me by telling my guests, my customers, my friends, her friends, people who don't even know me, etc. that I am a horrible alcoholic, etc. She also likes to call me a thief a liar and a cheat. Which I am not. I took $800 from our combined business account, because I had not been paid in over two months, and she considers that thieving.

I am so embarrassed and so frustrated. It is such a sick problem. I have been working with therapists for years, and been in rehab twice, on my own accord. With my life savings, and yet she is the one who needs attentions. Blah. Throwing up face here. Ugh.

Thanks for listening. I needed to rant and add to this thread. I am freaked out by the damage she can do.