Thread: Time...
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 06:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sohard

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
Love that you're already reaping unexpected rewards from sobriety - isn't it fab that you connected with those children and they want you back for more.

One way that Halloween and Christmas and the like can be more fun sober than drunk is by getting in on the children's fun and festivities. Kid's really do know how to enjoy themselves without booze, and can teach us a thing or two in that regard.

How are you feeling today?

BB
I'm feeling great - thank you! I got up and went on a long walk this morning, which I never would've done after a night out. It's kinda weird, bc I'm starting to see family members' problem drinking habits (although not NEARLY like I was), and it makes me a bit sad for them. But, I guess I better keep my mouth shut or else then I'll be that person who thinks just bc I quit, everyone has too. I don't think my sister needs to quit, but, her husband is clearly an alcoholic (as she knows) and becomes a bad influence on my sister. She'll have 4 bottles a week, which, while barely any compared to my old habits, is not healthy or good. I notIced she twice said how she was done for the night, and he twice refilled her red wine bc he doesn't like to drink alone, and then my sister finished them both times, because, hey, they were already poured and there. I guess I should stick my nose out of it and just focus on myself for now. Maybe, down the line, I can be some sort of positive role model.