Thread: I'm drunk
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 06:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hawkeye13

Originally Posted by shauninspain View Post
Sorry to hear that. But soon you will be sober enough to access the situation and identify why you picked up. I'll tell you a story about something that I did, on one occasion, to make sure that I did not leave my house and buy alcohol.

I had been pacing around in the house all day and the voice kept screaming at me to go to the shop and buy vodka. I didn't want to, but deep down I knew that I was ultimately going to give in. When the evening had arrived I was going nuts, crying then laughing hysterically, then crying again. Then I decided that I had to leave the house and get the vodka. I picked up my house key and a £10 note and walked to the door, then suddenly I had a thought, I had to do something ANYTHING to stop this madness, I had to stop myself from going outside my house!! As if on auto pilot I turned around and ran into the kitchen. When there I stripped myself totally naked, opened a cupboard and took out an unopened bottle of Ketchup and a packet of Rice Krispies. I opened the bottle and tipped the entire contents onto the floor, followed by the packet of cereals.

I threw myself onto the floor and writhed around for a couple of minutes covering myself in the sticky mixture that was snap, crackling and popping. Picked up a couple of handfuls and rubbed it into my hair and all over my face. I must have looked looked the devil himself, all red and scabby. I lay on the floor for minutes panting and wailing.

I knew that I could not go outside looking like that. Even if I dressed my hair and face was matted with gloopy sauce. I walked into the shower and spent 20 minutes cleaning myself off. And do you know, when I stepped out of that shower all desire for a drink had gone, the craving that I had had all day had vanished.

Next time do what ever it takes mate. However insane it might be.

''We're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy'' - Seal
Love this Shaun--you're the kind of guy I'd love to have a bowl of cereal with