Old 10-13-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Tetra

I hope everyone is well. I have not had a chance to read the whole thread.

Well I had such an awful awful week at work. It was so bad that I called my dad on Wednesday night and told him I was quitting. He talked me down "off the ledge" so to speak and told me to carry on, that I'm doing "a great job and it looks bad on a C.V. to leave a job under 2 years". Unfortunately I work in a public hospital and there are waiting lists for every single thing. I do get tired of the phone and listening to people's sob stories and people telling me this and that and the other. And I know I'm too soft with people. One mother calls me every single day about a tonsillectomy date for her daughter, who has only been on the waiting list for 3 weeks. Meanwhile I have booking forms going back 2 years. I wasn't even working here then.
I did manage to talk to my consultant who was very understanding when I told him that I'm feeling the pressure. Meanwhile there are cancer patients who I have trouble getting a bed for. Anyway the two of us had a chat and he was very nice. He told me to tell this lady to stop phoning as she can't skip the queue, sorry. He also asked me about my wrist and I'm pleased that I can sit down with him now and actually have a proper chat together. When I first met him over a year ago I was so intimidated that I could not look him in the eyes. Unfortunately I can never hide my feelings as they are written all over my face and I remember he came to me on my second day and sat beside me and said "I'm glad you look a little calmer than yesterday!"

After work I went to Jalan Jalan (my favourite place)! It's an Asian Street Food type restaurant in Galway. It was extremely busy there and the people who arrived just after me got up and left as they were not being served fast enough. The waiter actually said to me "thank you for your patience and understanding". Sure what else would I be doing on a busy Friday night in Galway? We are all in this together. Their Hallowe'en decorations were extremely cool too! I could not get a picture of the "spiders and cobwebs" on the ceiling, only the decorative candle on my table. A while ago I would never have dreamed of going out to eat by myself. Look at me, I'm growing.