View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LovePeaceSushi

Against My Better Judgement

I have been abstaining from weekend trips with my AH to his sporting event that he goes to. I don't care to be around it anymore - especially the drinking. My AH is beside himself. His control issues and paranoia go haywire when I'm not *right there*. Last weekend alone down there, he told me he drove home under the influence and was so bad he had to stop a few times on the way home to sober up.

He wants me to go with him this weekend. TO WORK ON OUR MARRIAGE. He promises no alcohol.

Our marriage definitely needs help. I am hopeful on the "no alcohol" promise, but am not banking on it. I really don't want to go, but I feel obligated to go in the name of working on our marriage. I also do not want him driving drunk and endangering other people. Eff him, I told him. What gives him the right to put innocent families in danger??
Ughhhhh, I don't want to go. But I am going to. But I don't want to. (Do we see the inner struggle here?? LOL)

I'm still in town, as we have a maintenance issue and I'm waiting on the service man to come and repair it. AH is out running errands. I'm going to make him do a breathalyzer before we go and if there are any traces of alcohol, I'm not going. Otherwise...as the title goes....I will go against my better judgement and hope for the best. I am just tired of hoping for the best and getting the worst. Maybe this weekend will be the turn around the corner.