View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 09:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mango blast

The recovering alcoholic is on a spiritual journey. The 12 step meetings are a huge part of that.

Supporting that.... becoming open and willing to look at yourself.... finding your own truths about yourself and willing to walk your own path... is a personal adventure. Whether 12 step meetings are a part of that can be your choice. Pray about it. Ask Universe/Great Spirit/God to guide you. Expect to see answers showing up in your life.

People started showing up for me who helped me see life a lot differently than before. They said to pray - no believing required, simply an open heart. They shared how they saw things in their lives and I've had the freedom to explore what resonated with me.

Some of these people were found at Alanon, some at different churches, many in random meet-ups that started happening more and more often wherever I go.

One good friend said all the joy and happiness I will ever want is right outside my comfort zone. I'm so irritated that he's right!

There was a reason I chose to have a relationship with an alcoholic. I'm thankful I had some chaos in my life as a jumping off point. I'm having more fun than I ever thought was possible! .... no guilt or anxiety involved!!