Old 10-10-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
BrandNewLife

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Day 2 for me. Still not feeling great. I didn't sleep well last night. I'm so upset and frustrated with myself. I feel really alone in this. I think I need to take additional steps to get ahead of this like finding a counselor or joining AA. I don't know if I would like AA. I was also thinking about going to a local bookstore to see if there are any materials that can help me build a recovery plan. I'm starting to think that my underlying issues are pretty complex and that I might need help sorting through them. So I thought a counselor might be a good idea. Any thoughts on building a recovery plan on my own, counseling or AA?
Hi Rah! Great job on day 2, keep it going! Forgive yourself for the past and build a new future. Every small decision we make today sets us up for success.

Why not try both AA and counseling? Nothing better than lots of tools. I really like cognitive behavior therapy. She helps me build strategies and challenge my negative thinking patterns. AA would be great for the fellowship and additional support.