Thread: I am new here!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jmc15

I am new here!

I’m not sure if I am posting in the right place. I am searching for advise on what I can do to help my partner of 10 years get through his cocaine addiction.

We have 4 kids together. He owns two restaurants. We have yet to marry because we wanted to wait until all of our kids were old enough to be apart of our big day. But, now I’m not sure if we should make that commitment.

When we first got together he NEVER drank, or did drugs (besides marijuana). After a few years a mutual friend introduced him to Molly. He used it recreationally for a bit and then became addicted to it after about a year of using it once in a while. He then stopped that. But about a year later he opened a second restaurant and he picked up doing coke. He finally came clean to me after about 7 months of using it that he knows he has a problem and is addicted to cocaine.

He is fully aware of his addiction, although he thinks that I think it’s worse then it really is. He says he is going to stop once both restaurants are running smoothly and don’t need his full attention. He has excuse after excuse that he needs to do coke in order to stay focused on the businesses.

I am a stay at home mom and I take care of our kids. I love him and I don’t want to leave him but what if he doesn’t stop? What do I do to help him to stop?

My mother became an addict for 3 years and is now 11 years sober. So I know sobriety can happen. But he has an extremely addictive personality. Anything he picks up he gets addicted to. Baseball cards, scratch tickets, collecting Old coins.

He says when he’s “ready” he will stop. And if he can’t do it on his own he will seek help. But what if when he’s “ready” it’s too late?