View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ihavenoplan

My first 14 days

First time posting. I want to say thanks to everyone who shares information on here. Even though we all have different stories, I was able to find the help I needed.

I thought I would share my 15 day experience - because I was super surprised about how my body reacted to stopping drinking and it helped me to see that this was normal by reading the posts of others. I thought I would feel great from day 1!

Days 1-3 - I slept pretty well. I felt okay - just 'dull' - nothing out of the ordinary.

Days 4 - 10 - Then the not-sleeping kicked in, and the restless legs, and having to get up and make a hot-chocolate to try and calm me in the night. Super tired during the day. Wanting to nap during the day. I would say that there was at least one day when I could not think straight and had difficulty concentrating at work. My body started aching all over - I could not imagine working-out. This is when I found sober recovery and the posts here helped me understand that there was a process my body has to go through.

Days 11-13 - Still sleepless nights but I am less tired during the day. Went to my first social occassion with alcohol and avoided it.

Days 14 & 15 - I feel fine. Might start going to a gym!

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, it helped me when I was surprised by how my body reacted.