View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 09:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mielz

Originally Posted by grocerease View Post
Hello everyone! I'm currently on day 3 and living in New Orleans. We've got hurricane Nate coming upon us and my girlfriend and I went to the store to stock up on provisions. The moment we walked into the store I looked to my left and was overwhelmed with a wall of liquor. Suddenly the plan of purchasing necessary things for survival were replaced with a fantasy of being trapped inside with tons of alcohol and cigarettes while we wait this storm out. I actually could feel the anxiety overwhelming my body and I took note of it. I took some deep breaths and repeated a montra from a book I recently finished about drinking. It is" from the depths of my being, I have the desire and determination to not drink alcohol today". I repeated this a couple of times and it actually calmed me. Trapped inside drinking myself into a stupor pretty much sums up the fantasy that my mind creates and sums up my drinking career. I purchased all the things of necessity for a healthy survival instead of the poison of disparity. I am back at the house now and the thought of being trapped inside the house makes me think of positive things to do instead, like, catch up on sleep, read a book, make some love, embrace the bordem. A smile comes across my face, I won this craving. I can't let my guard down though... My AV is lurking in the darkness, waiting for that opportunity. For now I smile...
This is so encouraging n inspiring . What u did today was a win n yet again the temptation with come every win against it makes u stronger n more able to fight the next one. Stay safe during the hurricane n we r here for when the thoughts need too be spoken