Old 10-06-2017, 05:16 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Linners820

Originally Posted by TiredPrayer View Post
I’m torn with what to do with my sober evening instead. I could clean out the garage - productive, sure, but more work. Or I could try to force myself to relax. How do normal people relax?
I'm trying to figure this out myself. It's only been 2-3 years since I've been drinking in a regular basis and I honestly don't remember how I used to relax otherwise. That's really sad. :/
On this Friday night, I've kept the plug in the jug (I like that saying).
Work sucked, but instead of going right home I headed straight to the beach for a good walk in the sand along the shoreline, and scored some nice pieces of sea glass for my collection.
Almost had a panic attack on the drive home, but got it in check and stopped off at the market for some dinner items. Came home, ate, and made myself a cup of Passion flower tea (I got some cuz I read that it's a pretty great herb for anxiety, and I was surprised yesterday when I tried it for the first time to find that it did in fact mellow me. I think I need to give it a few more tries before I reach a final verdict though).
Then I came on SR and read some posts while eating dinner. I took another poster's suggestion in a different thread and started checking out some new apps to download to occupy my mind when I'm trying to chill.
I've made a list of things to accomplish tomorrow. Looking forward to waking up feeling refreshed.