Old 10-06-2017, 04:03 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
TiredPrayer

JuliaClare, we sound fairly similar. I can really relate to how you’re feeling, but we can do this! Let’s not drink together!

I was inspired by the “Why not do both” idea so I bought shelving and other supplies for the garage tonight... but it’s starting to get dark here already tonight so I don’t want to start emptying the garage yet. I’m home and I have a frozen pizza in the oven. I’m definitely not drinking tonight. I’m thinking a hot bath sounds amazing, then to bed early so I can be up and productive tomorrow morning.

One other thing I need to process is I used to be a pretty active runner, but arthritis in my knee has made that pretty much impossible. When I was sober before, I really benefitted from those exercise endorphins. I need to start at least taking walks; unlike running, low impact stuff like walking is good for arthritic knees. But I resent that I’m still young(ish) (38) and my dumb knee is already checked out. There’s no reason besides my own excuses why I can’t walk and do yoga and I need to just stop feeling sorry for myself and get to it.