View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stillmaggie

about a month now

So I'm going on four weeks of no alcohol. I do think about it every day still, and a few nights it was hard not to go get that bottle of wine. But those times pass and the moments of bad temptation pass even faster. I have radically changed my schedule from staying up practically all night drinking, to going to bed (with Lunesta) about 1030 and getting up to see the sun rise. It's better in many ways. However, the problems are indeed still here and I am not sure how to proceed with that. Drinking certainly didn't help me move forward, so I'm not really wanting to go back to that, but tolerating the very empty marriage is awful every day. Every month and year. My psych says take steps to leave. I really want to make that a last resort after all other attempts to make it bearable have failed. I have littles and won't blow their lives up. How do you just detach from things like that to get through the other parts of life that also matter a great deal? The marriage is an issue but it isn't the only important thing to consider in my life. There is no one in my life I can talk to about this or even share my struggles. It is very isolating and painful. TY all for listening.