View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 11:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
sky90

Hey. No worries you can be my friend!

I know how difficult it can be...Unfortunately, even in AA sometimes people form their own little cliques like in HS.

Hang in there. Also, sometimes it can be our addiction that is causing us to feel like others are ignoring us. The important thing is to not give up. Not all personalities mesh. Not everyone is nice. But there are friendly people out there too. Just keep being yourself and you will attract others like you. Learn to become your own best friend. That will attract others too.

I struggled with friendships my whole life. Especially because of my Bipolar disorder I tend to isolate myself when I feel down when I should be doing the exact opposite. Just keep putting yourself out there.

Originally Posted by Lilij View Post
Trying to go to AA meetings. I have had heart to heart with 3 people in the program .Nobody wants to be around a negative person with lots of problems. I have asked people to meet for coffee or walk. They don't get back. One guy told me I talked too much. He said we don't have 2 eyes and one mouth for nothing. WHAT! Who does this to people that are desperate and hurting. Today they spoke of humility. I am working on self confidence. Very confused. Friendless depressed and overwelmed.