Old 10-05-2017, 09:18 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
WildernessVoice

Hello everyone I am joining the October class with you all and hopefully can draw strength and wisdom from the great support and opinions here. I joined the site a few years ago and have had periods of sobriety and then back at the drinking again.

As others have said I have struggled with "having a solid plan" and it is that which allows me to fail.

That said....
I began a mental plan awhile ago on coming up with a better approach and ways to make myself more accountable and also have a means in place when I struggle. I know where the weak spots are now I just need to power through those down times.
I joined a gym and work with a personal trainer x3 per week. Very costly so I have stuck with it.
I recognize that I do not have family or friends to rely on so again I now know I have to find more productive ways to fill my time. I happen to be a drink at home alone type and it has led to ridiculous bouts of depression. I am working on that as well by looking for new hobbies and things to fill my time. I work from home so I think I tend to become far too isolated.
Anyway sorry this has become way too lengthy.... I will finish by saying I am on day 1 and looking forward to the future.