View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Congratulations on 5 years, MythOfSisyphus, and your uplifting post!

I will never forget the thread you started in Secular Connections, here in SR, on 1st September 2016, entitled "Hope". I read your post and it gave me hope. I stopped drinking a week later and celebrated 1 year this September. Huge hugs to you MythOfSisphus .

I hope you don't mind, but I'm quoting that post, to provide additional inspiration for Newcomers, in the hope it helps someone else, as it did me.
Thank you, Tatsy! The longer I am here the more important I am finding these anniversary-type posts. It's good to reflect on the journey and to put things into context. On the one hand it's just a number but it's hard to overstate how much different my life is now. I'm so gratified that you have been able to achieve your own One Year milestone! That's why we're all here, right? To give each other a hand up.

SR answered my cry in the wilderness five years ago! I can't imagine where I'd be now if i hadn't stumbled into this place. Thank you all so much for helping me along my own road to sobriety.