View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mandy73

Weekends were my thing, binge binge binge, yay it's fun weekend indulgence time! Then my weekends started getting longer and consisted of drinking from Weds evening to Sunday evening.
I got tired of feeling like crap, telling my daughter that Mommy was going for a nap so she was getting special time with Dad, basically rationalizing my hangover.
I found that my drinking was so rarely a social thing. I drank by myself the majority of the time. Sometimes I would watch Earthcam to feel less alone and see that weekend binging was a 'normal thing that everyone did'. How sad and pathetic is that?
It wasn't normal to sit in front of a tv by myself pouring glass after glass of wine and thinking this somehow enhanced my life.
I'm early on still myself 22 days. I have done 3 sober weekends so far and they weren't easy but waking up Saturday morning, enjoying my coffee and feeling refreshed and rested, being able to be there for my kids. Well...that was my reward. It feels pretty damn good to accomplish that.
I have cravings every weekend, I just keep changing the script, doing things differently and coming here to read and get support.
We can totally do this! Join me for a clear headed enjoyable well rested sober weekend!